Former British royal Prince Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday (19th February), following fresh revelations about his links to convicted American sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
The arrest comes after the latest batch of nearly three million Epstein-related documents was released by the United States Department of Justice on 30th January. According to reports, tthe recently released documents contain allegations of misconduct in public office in relation to Andrew’s past activities.
Britain's Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. Police had previously said they were assessing evidence in relation to revelations in the so-called Epstein files.
Follow live updates. https://t.co/Zlt3szGQ9u pic.twitter.com/Q2KyDVLZ2M
— CNN (@CNN) February 19, 2026
Thames Valley Police officers were spotted arriving at Andrew’s residence in Sandringham on his 66th birthday. In a statement, the police confirmed that “a man in his sixties from Norfolk has been arrested and remains in police custody.” They did not, however, mention the suspect’s name directly.
The released documents contain claims that Andrew had supported Epstein during his 2010 official visit to the United Arab Emirates, where he met the late Queen. Andrew lost his royal titles last year by his brother, King Charles III.
The released documents also contain an image that sparked widespread anger. However, the authorities have not clearly identified which allegations resulted in Thursday’s arrest. Just last week, Thames Valley Police had said they were consulting the Crown Prosecution Service to decide whether a formal investigation should proceed.
Mountbatten-Windsor has denied all accusations against him and insisted that he never witnessed or suspected any of the behavior of which Epstein was accused. He has not commented on recent allegations of misconduct in public office.













































